Lydmor & Bon Homme - Seven Dreams Of Fire



Slick and posh dance music.  Sophisticated and ripe with attitude.  Glamorous with just the right amount of vanity.  Bon Homme is the personification of suave. Lydmor invokes the best of a modern Audrey Hepburn hipness.  Bringing with him the success of Whomadewho as well as his own solo album, A Life Less Fancy, and merging it with her new and emerging talent with two records of her own including recognition as an accomplished singer/songwriter.  Not since Black Box Recorder called it quits have I enjoyed this level of elegance and savoir faire in music.


Listening to this record elevated my sense of self, made me feel more connected to the world around me and improved my mood - really.  There is a strong sense of reality and presence throughout the record.  Moodiness without being dreary - upbeat without being frantic.  In the moment consciousness and alertness.  The songs seem to be about what is happening, what they are feeling, right now, in this moment, at this time, in this place - not worried about yesterday and/or tomorrow except in how thinking about either makes them feel now.  Not deep philosophical thoughts, but just day to day thinking - how we get by/through, this day, this relationship, this circumstance.  

Tracklist:
  1. Things We Do For Love*
  2. Trooper
  3. Dream Of Fire*
  4. Go Fingers Go
  5. Flash
  6. Vanity
  7. Trampoline
  8. Tear Us Apart Again*
  9. Missed Out On Disco*
  10. Dream Of Fire Part 2
  11. End
*Favorite tracks



I pre-ordered this on bandcamp about a month ago and got the record yesterday.  I tried to download my digital copy as I played the vinyl only to be frustrated in that effort.  Eventually I realized the album doesn't officially release until 11/6.!  I got the physical album before the release date!  That makes me very happy.  An most unexpected and excellent perk to pre-ordering.  

One drawback to the vinyl - it has two less songs (Rain and Wired) but I am sure they will be part of the download.  Packaging isn't a selling point - the front cover is about as interesting as it gets.  Generic black paper inner sleeve and black vinyl.  

Comments