Catching up on vinyl with Blondie's "Parallel Lines"


It's funny how an album can be elusive.  I have every other Blondie release but not this one even though it contains my favorite Blondie song, "One Way or Another" on it as well as "11:59", "Sunday Girl" and of course "Heart of Glass".  I came close to buying it several times on used record stores but found it to be too abused to purchase.  New copies evaded me as somehow when I was ready to buy I found stores "temporarily out".  Finally it all worked out and I am spinning my new acquisition with great pleasure.


I also picked up the reissue of Ministry "With Sympathy" on red vinyl.  I am not much of a fan of where Ministry's career went but this first album was a lark and a triumph.  It may get scowls from fans of his newer work but as an 80s goth I loved this record.


Comments