Orations - Receiver (Recommendation)


I really hate artist comparisons but there is an unmistakable relationship between the sound of Orations and the sound of The Cocteau Twins.  Orations are definitely doing their own thing but I can't imagine a fan of one not liking the other.  However, I am the king of doing just that when other people tell me these things - so please just check them out yourself.  



So where there are similarities there are also many differences.  Orations are not a moody/dream pop band.  Their sound is rougher, angrier and much more in your face.  Where I have to be in the mood for The Cocteau Twins, the Orations are a more frequent and motivational listening experience.  Their songs get my heart beating, my blood pumping and my mind racing.  I bought both albums and am enjoying the first one just as much.



Comments