The Perishers - Let There Be Morning



The Perishers  are one of the greatest bands too many people missed out on.  Their album Let There Be Morning is a masterpiece.  Every single song is amazing.  I am talking words and melody that touch the soul and move the heart.  It might not be perfect in execution or stunning in composition but it is very real and intimately personal.  

Let There Be Morning was the middle record of the three they released.  The other two or also sublime but they did not get vinyl releases which is disappointing.  Maybe someday.

So 2002-2007 and then The Perishers parted company and Ola Klüft released Soon, Soon, Soon as The Lanky Swede in 2012.  Solo he was /is as good as he was with the band.

Then there was a facebook post:
Ola Kluft: I never thought I'd be a father of three, but now I am. A week ago these two lovely ladies, Nora and Bea, showed up. I have a feeling my music making will have to take a backseat for a while...

And that has been it as far as I know.   Family is important and I am happy for him.  I wish he had been in a position not to have to make a choice like that, but I am sure he made the right decisions for himself and his family.

Comments