Country Music opinions



Hat off to TJ for clearing the air.  I know how conflicted he must have felt/be feeling.  We shouldn't be talking about this.  It shouldn't be necessary.  But wishes aren't horses and it is needed.  I love the press calling him the first "out" country artist - or at least the most successful country artist to come out.  I think the best reaction is if people just forget about it for the most part and focus on the music.

I still am disappointed in the sound of their new record, Skeletons.  It reminds me of the sound change Maroon 5 made on their 3rd record.  It just doesn't sound like a band-made record - it is too slick, too produced, too crafted.  It sounds like a synthetic product and not a living/breathing work of art.  I expect the songs will sound much better live.  I passed on buying the record.  I decided to go ahead and buy a copy today though just to support them.  I have faith that they will return to form - after all I think the songs themselves were great - they just needed less polish and more passion in their execution.  


 Grady Smith covered a post I made on CountryMusicStuff reddit.  When I started watching Grady he was more passionate in covering what I considered authentic country artists and he vented his displeasure of country radio.  That is how I related to his channel anyway - but it seems he is more middle of the road and now considers a bare mention of a fringe artist as keeping his finger on the pulse.  I don't blame him - everyone's taste is valid.  I'll just have to find someone else that covers the country I like.  



Like Nick 13... I know I am late to this party as this record came out 2018.  One of his songs came up as I was reminiscing about a Morrissey concert and I wanted to hear some Tiger Army as they were the opening band for him on that tour.  Nick 13 is their lead singer and this was a solo record showcasing the fact that people can have very varied tastes in music and many things.  Finding an affordable copy has taken some time but a discogs seller came through and a copy is en route.  




Very excited to hear this new Mark Pickerel and His Praying Hands release.  I always want it on vinyl - but this is a great collection of covers and continues a discography that hasn't disappointed.  For some reason I think he and Lindi Ortega should do a song together.  Their musical approaches and song topics would merge well I think.

In post script I will mention that I am not mentioning Morgan Wallen and his "issues" because I just don't care about him - I never listened to a full song of his as it was obviously not my kind of music.  If I don't like something/someone I would rather just not discuss them.  After all negative publicity is still publicity and I would rather give people I like my attention. 

Comments